Use of Computer Labs Remotely
The physical machines in the computer lab/classrooms of Peavy and Richardson Hall have been made available for remote access using Remote Desktop (PC or Mac). With a few exceptions, it doesn't matter which lab you choose to find an available machine.
Finding an available machine
- The image above shows real-time availability of computers. For the best viewing of the lab itself, please use the individual lab links.
- Click on one of the lab links.
- Click on any of the green icons to see the name of the computer.
- You will now use this name to make a Remote Desktop Connection
Remote Desktop Connection
- In this particular case the Computer or Connection name would be PFSC215LAB04.forestry.oregonstate.edu. You'll use whatever available computer you find.
- Instructions for Windows PC
- Instructions for Mac
- You will be logged out after 30 minutes of idle time.
- Please use 'sign out' when you are done, rather than just disconnecting the session
- If you do happen to disconnect, rather than sign out, you will be logged out after 2 hours.